Here is a to-do list to get you started at JQI. Welcome!
- UMD id card-Mitchell Bldg.
- Set up UMD email address
- Send email to email@example.com with email address to be added to be to JQI listserv and to people pages
- Using your email, login to jqi.umd.edu/user and fill in data for People Profile
- Take Responsible Conduct in Research online course at https://www.citiprogram.org/. Once completed take proof of completion to Cindy Dooley.
- Assignment of office, if in Computer and Space Sciences Bldg.
- Sign for key
- Before travel, please fill out the attached documents and send them directly to JQI travel coordinator Kelly Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The forms must be completed and signed by your PI before any arrangements will be made.
- Forms should be submitted at least 3 weeks prior for domestic travel, and 4 weeks prior for foreign travel.
- If you have any questions after reviewing travel rules and regulations, please contact Kelly Phillips via email.
- If you are here in the US on a Visa, please be aware of the renewal dates. Lorraine DeSalvo handles Visa issues for the department.
- However, it is not the policy of the department to remind students of the expiration of their Visas. Please allow plenty of time for this process.
- If you are purchasing item please use the online procurement form.
- This can also be found on the Physics webpage under the Services tab.
- If the purchase is over $5,000 you will need a quote, on vendor letterhead, and a sole source justification form.
- Once these two forms are completed, please bring them to Cindy Dooley for submission to purchasing.