New to JQI?
Welcome to JQI! Here is some information to get you started.
- To get your UMD ID card, please go to the Mitchell Bldg.
- Set up a UMD email address
- Send an email to email@example.com with email address to be added to the JQI listserv and to the website.
- Take Responsible Conduct in Research online course at https://www.citiprogram.org/. Once completed take proof of completion to Melissa Britton or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For office assignments and keys in the Atlantic Bldg, please see Melissa Britton or email her at email@example.com.
- Before travel, please pick up a travel form from the JQI Administration Office in ATL 2207 (or download the form below).
- The forms must be completed and signed by your PI before any arrangements will be made.
- Forms should be submitted at least 3 weeks prior for domestic travel, and 4 weeks prior for foreign travel.
- If you have any questions after reviewing the travel rules and regulations, please contact Kaitlyn Walker via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are in the US on a visa, please be aware of the renewal dates. Melissa Britton handles visa issues for JQI.
- However, it is not the policy of the Department of Physics to remind students of the expiration of their visas. Please allow plenty of time for this process.
- If you are purchasing items, please use the online procurement form: http://www.umdphysics.umd.edu/services/purchase-order.html
- If the purchase is over $5,000, you will need a quote on vendor letterhead, and a sole source justification form filled out.
- Once these two forms are completed, please upload the quote on the online procurement form and for the sole source justification form, please send that to the person that is taking care of your request.