2016 Fall CMTC Symposium Day 1
Spin Quantum Computation
- 11:00 AM Robert Throckmorton, "Quantum fidelity in electron spin‐based semiconductor two‐qubit exchange gates"
- 11:45 AM Yang Song, "Validity of the rotating‐wave approximation in semiconductor qubit systems and fast gate control beyond the RWA"
- 12:30 Break
Weyl Semimetals and Topological Insulators
- 1:30 PM Pallab Goswami, "Non‐Fermi liquid phases of topological semimetals"
- 2:15 PM Mehdi Kargarian, "Amperean and time‐reversal‐symmetry‐breaking superconducting states in spin‐orbit coupled electron systems"
- 3:00 PM Jed Pixley, "Avoided quantum criticality and single particle excitations in weakly disordered Weyl semimetals"
- 3:45 PM Break
Many Body Localization
- 4:00 PM Yang‐Le Wu, "Understanding analog quantum simulation dynamics in coupled ion‐trap qubits"
- 4:45 PM Xiao Li, "Exploring non-ergodicity with atoms in an incommensurate optical super-lattice"
Subscribe to A Quantum Bit
Quantum physics began with revolutionary discoveries in the early twentieth century and continues to be central in today’s physics research. Learn about quantum physics, bit by bit. From definitions to the latest research, this is your portal. Subscribe to receive regular emails from the quantum world. Previous Issues...
Sign Up Now
Sign up to receive A Quantum Bit in your email!