2016 Fall CMTC Symposium Day 2
Majorana Fermions I
- 11:00 AM Will Cole, "Proximity effect and Majoranas from disordered parent superconductors"
- 11:45 AM Chunxiao Liu, "Realistic simulations of Majorana nanowire systems"
- 12:30 Break
Majorana Fermions II
- 1:30 PM Setiawan, "Conductance spectroscopy of nontopological‐‐topological superconductor junctions"
- 2:15 PM Ching‐Kai Chiu, "Conductance of a superconducting Coulomb blockade nanowire at finite temperature"
- 3:00 PM Yahya Alavirad, "Z3 parafermions without superconducting backscattering from the fractional quantum Hall state"
- 3:45 PM David Clarke, "Parafermions in gapless edge states‐‐disappearing zero modes and other puzzles"
- 4:30 PM Junhyun Lee, "Electronic quasiparticles in the quantum dimer model: Density matrix renormalization group results"
Subscribe to A Quantum Bit
Quantum physics began with revolutionary discoveries in the early twentieth century and continues to be central in today’s physics research. Learn about quantum physics, bit by bit. From definitions to the latest research, this is your portal. Subscribe to receive regular emails from the quantum world. Previous Issues...
Sign Up Now
Sign up to receive A Quantum Bit in your email!